Just a quick (and late) blog... Saturday afternoon I made the vegetable stock. The stock didn't come out as green as I thought it would and from memory I thought it should have been a bit of a soft grainy texture, but instead was closer to a browny yellow and smooth like pumpkin soup. Tasted salty and vegetably, so all good!
I did notice that I should have put some in the beef stroganoff on Friday night, but given the stroganoff got a good review, it seems likely that I will make it again soon.
I will need to update this blog with an accurate recipe count. I have noticed that a lot of the recipes in the index are repeated in several places, so I will need to go through and do a re-count of how many recipes there are.
Later on Saturday night I cooked a batch of Anzac biscuits. They were remarkably easy to make, although I doubt that they took less time than do do by hand... less effort, yes, but less time.. I don't think so.
The Anzac biscuits got reviews as per the following:
Mike Thornton: 9/10
Alan Stewart: 8/10
Note: recipe made about 20 biscuits and all bisuits were eaten in less than 24 hours by 3 people. Next time I will make the bisuits smaller and cook for a little less time.
They look delish! :D
ReplyDelete